Wednesday 1 February 2012

REVIEW: Midnight Trilogy by Cynthia Eden

Hey Book Lovers!!

I'm sitting in one of the small study rooms at college with a class mate of mine, and I got to thinking about Cynthia Eden's  Midnight Trilogy and how amazing they are. So I thought I would share my thoughts on them, I hope you enjoy and will seriously think about investing in them.


A SEDUCTIVE NIGHTTIME WORLD

Dr. Emily Drake’s patients tend to be a little unusual. Instead of the typical therapist’s caseload of midlife crises and mother fixations, Emily treats vampires with blood phobias and sex-demons looking for meaningful relationships. But her gift for recognizing and healing the Other—those creatures of the night that most humans don’t even know exist—requires a few house rules. First: Never trust a shifter. Especially not one like Detective Colin Gyth whose gold-flecked eyes and predatory air make Emily realize how much she’s been longing to lose control…

A DARK AND DANGEROUS HUNGER

Colin can’t believe the doctor he’s been assigned to work with on the Night Butcher murder investigation is the one person who could expose his true identity as a wolf shifter. Smart, sexy, and stubborn as hell, Emily brings out the alpha male in Colin, unleashing a wild, heady desire that takes them both over the edge. But in the shadows, the Night Butcher waits…eager to spill Emily’s blood and taste her terror. And he’ll use any means to destroy her, including the one person she has grown to trust…

I loved this book because it was the first Cynthia Eden book I read. I love Colin and his manly ways, it makes me want to have my own Werewolf. I adore Emily because of her Ice Queen ways, how she never really lets anyone in (I must admit I do that a lot lol) and then in comes a hot headed Werewolf with buns of steel! The mix of crime, sex and passion was just epic and I take my hat off to Cynthia for creating such a awesome story!





Cara Maloan doesn’t look like a monster. In fact, the gorgeous blond nightclub singer possesses heavenly attributes that make Atlanta detective Todd Brooks sure there’s a higher power somewhere. But a twisted killer is leaving a trail of bodies in seedy hotel rooms across town. The male victims show no wounds–it’s as if the life was simply drained from them. And right now, mysterious Cara is Todd’s only suspect.
Cara knows it’s foolish to be so drawn to a man who thinks she’s a murderer. She also knows Detective Brooks would find the truth even harder to swallow. Cara is one of the Other, a race of powerful, paranormal creatures who live among humans. Cara’s particular abilities make men putty in her hands–all except this rugged, sexy-as-hell detective. But now someone, or something, has singled Cara out for serious payback…
As uneasy trust gives way to mind-blowing desire, Cara and Todd will go head-to-head with a killer whose mission is deeply personal, and who’s determined to serve up revenge that’s hotter than hellfire, and just as deadly…

I liked this book but not as much as I liked Colin and Emily's book only because no one can beat their story! I have never read a story about a Succubus and Incubus until I read Midnight Sins. I found the story very insightful and by the end of the story I started researching Succubus and Incubus. So double thumbs up for Cynthia Eden and this amazing book! :D


In a world of shadows, desire conquers all…

In this sexy, gripping novel, Cynthia Eden draws readers deeper into the realm of the Others—vampires, shifters, and sinfully attractive demons whose powers are matched only by their dark hungers…

Tall, dark, and formidable, Niol Lapen is the last demon on earth most people would ask for a favor, yet the sexy little reporter who wanders into his club dares to do exactly that. Holly Storm already knows too much about his kind, and Niol has no wish to help her get in deeper over her head. But working alongside her may be the only way to stop a killer, even as it ignites a primal desire unlike anything he’s known.
Holly has seen firsthand what Niol is capable of, but that doesn’t frighten her nearly as much as her body’s instinctive reaction to him, or the wild, fierce passion that would tempt her to follow him through hell itself. Something evil and relentless is prowling the streets of Atlanta. And as Holly’s search leads her into danger that even Niol could never have predicted, she’ll uncover a secret that could rip her world apart…

OMG! OMG!  You know how I said before about how no one can beat Colin and Emily's story? Well Niol and Holly are my favourite couple of all time! Niol is such a bad boy but when he and Holly get closer he just softens just a little and I LOVE that about him. What? No girl can turn down a bad boy! It's true, just read this book and it will prove my point :D

Don't forget to drop by her website for a nosey around: http://www.cynthiaeden.com/books/

Love
Shell xx

No comments:

Post a Comment